TRACKLISTINGS
HEY, WELCOME TO THE "TRACKLISTINGS" COMMUNITY !

For more than 4 years, we are the biggest database concerning EDM livesets, DJ-sets, podcasts & other mixes.
If you want access to and/or help expanding this database, please register. It's free and takes only 2 minutes.

Some basic rules:
- Use English only and be friendly to the other members.
- Post every set/mix in a new topic and at the correct subforum, as following: "YEAR.MONTH.DAY - ARTIST - NAME OF THE SET/MIX" (in upper case).
- You are allowed to promote anything related to EDM at the "Promoting Section", but spam will not be tolerated.
- You are allowed to post your own tracks, remixes, bootlegs and mixes at the "Your Own Productions" and "Member Mixes & Podcasts" sections.
- Posting downloadlinks of copyrighted material, such as songs, EP's, albums, ... is strictly forbidden !

If you have a question, do not hesitate to send a PM to the Greg (Admin) or the TL-admins.

Thanks, Greg (Admin).
TRACKLISTINGS
HEY, WELCOME TO THE "TRACKLISTINGS" COMMUNITY !

For more than 4 years, we are the biggest database concerning EDM livesets, DJ-sets, podcasts & other mixes.
If you want access to and/or help expanding this database, please register. It's free and takes only 2 minutes.

Some basic rules:
- Use English only and be friendly to the other members.
- Post every set/mix in a new topic and at the correct subforum, as following: "YEAR.MONTH.DAY - ARTIST - NAME OF THE SET/MIX" (in upper case).
- You are allowed to promote anything related to EDM at the "Promoting Section", but spam will not be tolerated.
- You are allowed to post your own tracks, remixes, bootlegs and mixes at the "Your Own Productions" and "Member Mixes & Podcasts" sections.
- Posting downloadlinks of copyrighted material, such as songs, EP's, albums, ... is strictly forbidden !

If you have a question, do not hesitate to send a PM to the Greg (Admin) or the TL-admins.

Thanks, Greg (Admin).
TRACKLISTINGS
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
TRACKLISTINGS

LIVESETS (ACID, DUBSTEP, EBM, ELECTRO, HOUSE, MINIMAL, TECHNO, TRANCE...) & TRACKLISTINGS

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Similar topics
TRACKLISTINGS
BIOGRAPHY & DISCOGRAPHY Tl1310
Index
#
A
B
C
D
E
F
G
H
I
J
K
L
M
N
O
P
RST
UVWYZ
Social Widget
Facebook Fan Page

Navigation
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Partners & Supporters

BIOGRAPHY & DISCOGRAPHY

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Antoine Lucas
Antoine Lucas

Number of posts : 859
Registration date : 2008-09-04

BIOGRAPHY & DISCOGRAPHY Empty
PostSubject: BIOGRAPHY & DISCOGRAPHY   BIOGRAPHY & DISCOGRAPHY Icon_minitimeWed Nov 26, 2008 11:20 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Benny Benassi (born Marco Benassi on 13 July 1967)[2] is a Grammy Award winning Italian disc jockey and producer of electro house music. He is best known for his 2002 summer club hit "Satisfaction". Benny Benassi ranks as the 12th most popular DJ in the world according to the TheDJList website[3] and 39th most popular DJ in the official 2008 global poll of DJ Magazine.[4]

A native of Milan, DJ/producer Benny Benassi started DJing alongside cousin Alle Benassi in the late 1980s in their hometown, before moving to Larry Pignagnoli's Off Limits production studio in the mid 1990s, creating music for various acts, including Whigfield, J.K. and Ally & Jo. Benassi first hit the dance floor with his own projects in 2001 with the single "I Feel So Fine", released under the name KMC with vocals by Dhany, the track first stormed the charts in Benassi's native Italy, and soon became a number one hit in the United Kingdom.[5]

After moving from eurohouse to electro, "Satisfaction" took Benassi's success worldwide a year later with high-profile DJs like Carl Cox, Darren Emerson, and Roger Sanchez singing its praises. This reached Number 2 in the UK Singles Chart after the Ministry of Sound record company replaced the original video (an almost still picture of the band overlayed with graphics) with a video of models using power tools. Released in 2003, the campy and quirky Hypnotica was Benassi's solo debut. At the end of 2004, he won the European Border Breakers Award for Hypnotica, which racked up the most sales for an Italian album outside of Italy. Benassi often works with vocalists Paul French and Violeta, who are collectively known as The Biz.

Benny then produced a group with cousin Alle, called Benassi Bros., a project designed to shine the spotlight on the two Biz vocalists, Paul French and Violeta and other guest singers. A year after the release of Hypnotica, Pumphonia marked their first full length release. And then in 2005, Benassi Bros. released their second album …Phobia.
Some of his singles have charted high in the United Kingdom and have been played worldwide in clubs. Remixes for OutKast, Goldfrapp, and Felix da Housecat followed. Benassi also remixes the music of his contemporaries, such as Tomcraft and Fischerspooner.

In 2005, Benny founded the record label known as Pump-Kin Music. The focus of the label is primarily new and unsigned producers. Through this venture, he hopes to give exposure to some of the lesser known DJ/production talent across the world.

In August 2007, Benassi released a remix of Public Enemy's 'Bring the Noise'. The video for the track was created by Eclectic Method featuring a montage of live footage from Public Enemy, the video was premiered on imeem.com. In February 2008 "Bring the Noise" won a Grammy for best Remix (Dance).

His latest album Rock 'n' Rave was released on 16 June 2008. The first single from the album is "I Am Not Drunk."

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Marco Benassi, plus connu sous le nom de Benny Benassi (né à Milan le 13 juillet 1967) est un disc jockey italien. Il est connu pour ses productions tech house, house et electroclash.

Son cousin, Alle Benassi, travaille dans un studio et ils font ainsi des musiques ensemble sous le nom du groupe Benassi Bros. Le duo a d'abord joué dans sa ville natale au début des années 1980, avant de coopérer avec Larry Pignagnoli vers 1995. Il se fait connaître du public international par sa chanson I Feel So Fine, en collaboration avec Dhany (Daniela Galli) en 2001. Deux ans après, en 2003, il sort le tube Satisfaction, qui fut classé à la seconde place du classement UK Singles Chart. Son tube a été joué dans tous les clubs du monde. Il a aussi remixé des musiques de DJ Tomcraft ou encore de Fischerspooner. Sa musique est inspirée, entre autres, des Français David Guetta, Bob Sinclar, Cassius et surtout Daft Punk.

Plusieurs groupes se sont inspirés de son son : Royal Gigolos, Global Deejays, Vanguarde, Vinylshakerz…
Récemment, Benny a créé un label connu sous le nom de Pump-Kin Music. Il a depuis sorti une compilation "Pump-kin phase one" en 2006, la seconde, "Cooking for Pump-Kin: Special Menu" est sortie en février 2007.

2007 marque également l'année de remix comme celui du thème principal de la série "24" ou encore du groupe "Public Enemy".
2008 sera l'année " Rock'n'Rave " , avec la sortie de son nouvel album ( du même nom ), avec comme premiers single , "I am not drunk" , qui signe le retours du groupe "The Biz".

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Album
Hypnotica (2003)
Pumphonia (2004)
Phobia (2005),
Best Of (2005),
Rock & Rave (2008)

Singles
"Somebody To Touch Me" (1995),
"Street Life" (1996),
"Stone Fox Chase/Funky Harmonica" (1998),
"Life Is Life" (1998),
"Waiting For You" (1999),