TRACKLISTINGS
HEY, WELCOME TO THE "TRACKLISTINGS" COMMUNITY !

For more than 4 years, we are the biggest database concerning EDM livesets, DJ-sets, podcasts & other mixes.
If you want access to and/or help expanding this database, please register. It's free and takes only 2 minutes.

Some basic rules:
- Use English only and be friendly to the other members.
- Post every set/mix in a new topic and at the correct subforum, as following: "YEAR.MONTH.DAY - ARTIST - NAME OF THE SET/MIX" (in upper case).
- You are allowed to promote anything related to EDM at the "Promoting Section", but spam will not be tolerated.
- You are allowed to post your own tracks, remixes, bootlegs and mixes at the "Your Own Productions" and "Member Mixes & Podcasts" sections.
- Posting downloadlinks of copyrighted material, such as songs, EP's, albums, ... is strictly forbidden !

If you have a question, do not hesitate to send a PM to the Greg (Admin) or the TL-admins.

Thanks, Greg (Admin).
TRACKLISTINGS
HEY, WELCOME TO THE "TRACKLISTINGS" COMMUNITY !

For more than 4 years, we are the biggest database concerning EDM livesets, DJ-sets, podcasts & other mixes.
If you want access to and/or help expanding this database, please register. It's free and takes only 2 minutes.

Some basic rules:
- Use English only and be friendly to the other members.
- Post every set/mix in a new topic and at the correct subforum, as following: "YEAR.MONTH.DAY - ARTIST - NAME OF THE SET/MIX" (in upper case).
- You are allowed to promote anything related to EDM at the "Promoting Section", but spam will not be tolerated.
- You are allowed to post your own tracks, remixes, bootlegs and mixes at the "Your Own Productions" and "Member Mixes & Podcasts" sections.
- Posting downloadlinks of copyrighted material, such as songs, EP's, albums, ... is strictly forbidden !

If you have a question, do not hesitate to send a PM to the Greg (Admin) or the TL-admins.

Thanks, Greg (Admin).
TRACKLISTINGS
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
TRACKLISTINGS

LIVESETS (ACID, DUBSTEP, EBM, ELECTRO, HOUSE, MINIMAL, TECHNO, TRANCE...) & TRACKLISTINGS

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Similar topics
TRACKLISTINGS
BIOGRAPHY & DISCOGRAPHY Tl1310
Index
#
A
B
C
D
E
F
G
H
I
J
K
L
M
N
O
P
RST
UVWYZ
Social Widget
Facebook Fan Page

Navigation
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Partners & Supporters

BIOGRAPHY & DISCOGRAPHY

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Antoine Lucas
Antoine Lucas

Number of posts : 859
Registration date : 2008-09-04

BIOGRAPHY & DISCOGRAPHY Empty
PostSubject: BIOGRAPHY & DISCOGRAPHY   BIOGRAPHY & DISCOGRAPHY Icon_minitimeThu Nov 27, 2008 7:50 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Deep Dish is a duo of DJ and house music producers consisting of Iranian-American members Ali "Dubfire" Shirazinia and Sharam Tayebi. Based in Washington, DC Shirazinia and Tayebi are well known for providing house or dance remixes of tracks of famous stars such as Madonna, Cher and Gabrielle, and for their live DJing sets. They often collaborate with DC artist Richard Morel and produced a dance hit with his song "True (The Faggot Is You)". Their remixing abilities first came to attention with their seminal mix of De'Lacy "Hideaway", a club classic in 1995. Other collaborations include "The Future of the Future (Stay Gold)" with British group Everything But the Girl, which appeared on Deep Dish's artist album, Junk Science, which was released in 1998.

The duo first met in DC around 1991 when they were accidentally double-booked at a club. Soon after, they formed Deep Dish Records and their work captured the attention of Danny Tenaglia and Tribal America Records, which put out the duo's first progressive-house compilation, Penetrate Deeper, in 1995. Over the years they have released a number of genre-defining mixed CDs. However, what catapulted Deep Dish to prominence was the release of their debut album, Junk Science, released on the now defunct UK label DeConstruction and a dismal state side release through Arista Records.

Deep Dish have remixed tracks by artists such as Dido ("Thank You" and "Stoned") and the collaboration between Timo Maas and Kelis ("Help Me"). The duo won a Grammy Award for their "Thank You" remix. Deep Dish have also collaborated with Danny Howells to remix the Eminem track "Without Me" (as a bootleg). In July 2005, their second artist album, George Is On, was released. It featured their Hot Dance Music/Club Play chart hit "Flashdance" (which features Anousheh Khalili) (also their biggest UK hit, peaking at number 3), as well as a remake of the classic Fleetwood Mac song "Dreams", for which Stevie Nicks provided new vocals. "Say Hello," the second single released from the album, hit number one on the dance chart in September 2005, becoming their second dance chart-topper (their first being the collaboration with Everything But the Girl in 1998).

In 2005 the film "It's All Gone Pete Tong" included Raul Rincon's remix of Flashdance. Deep Dish has appeared as the featured artist on the BBC Radio 1 Essential Mix on several occasions. Their most recent appearances took place in 2008, on the 28th of March, when their set from the Winter Music Conference was broadcast live on the show. Ali "Dubfire" Shirazinia was featured on the Essential Mix in September of 2007. The two's May 2005 Essential Mix at Maida Vale was voted the best 2005 Essential Mix of the Year. Deep Dish is also well-known for their progressive house compilation albums in the famed Global Underground series. The latest Global Underground album, by Dubfire, was released in April of 2007.

They also own and run dance music record labels Deep Dish, Yoshitoshi Shinichi, and Yo. In addition, they owned and operated a retail store (also named Yoshitoshi) in the Georgetown area of D.C., which sold dance records and clothing. The store closed in 2003, although their labels continue to release music, mostly on the 12 inch single vinyl format.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Elu meilleur DJ international en 1998, nommé, en 2003, dans la catégorie « Meilleur Remix » pour « Like I Love You » de Justin Timberlake, attirant Madonna, Dido, N’Sync, les Rolling Stones et bien d’autres stars, Deep Dish est un duo formé d’Ali « Dubfire » Shirazinia et de Sharam Tayebi.

En 1995, le groupe se fait connaître avec un remix de « Hideaway », de De’lacy. Il devient dès lors une figure imposée de la scène House. En 1999, Deep Dish sort son premier album: « Junk Science ». Dans cet opus, « Mohammed is Jesus is Buddah is Love ». Le duo américano-iranien chante l’amour, principe fondateur de toutes les religions. Avec « Junk Science », on quitte l’œcuménisme, mais on reste dans les hautes sphères avec ce titre planant, que l’on verrait bien dans les salles obscures, illustrant une renaissance à la fin d’une bataille entre le Bien et le monde des Ténèbres. Grammy Award 2002 pour le remix de « Thank You » de Dido, Deep Dish sort des compilations – « Yoshiesque » (1999), « Renaissance Ibiza » (2000), « Yoshiesque Two » (2001) – en attendant la sortie de son deuxième album.

Décidément, « Flashdance » est roi en 2005. Deep Dish se partage avec Global Deejays le dancefloor. Dans son nouvel album, « George is on », Deep Dish marie habilement le classique pop-rock des années 70-80 à ses rythmes appuyés, son son profond et ses touches sexy. Dans « Flashdance », les déhanchements sont accompagnés par la voix sensuelle d‘ Anousheh et les riffs de guitare. On retrouve également la chanteuse dans « Say Hello », où son timbre est toujours aussi envoûtant, ou dans « Awake Enough ». Quant à Dubfire, il découvre sa voix dans « In Love With A Friend », un morceau plein d’une douce mélancolie. « Sacramento », beaucoup plus rock, beaucoup plus rugueux, prouve toute la diversité de Deep Dish.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Albums
1998 Junk Science
1999 Junk Science [Bonus Tracks]
1998 Junk Science [Japon]
2005 George Is On

Compilations
1995 Penetrate Deeper
1996 DJ's Take Control, Vol. 3
1997 Cream Separates
1999 Yoshiesque
1999 Yoshiesque [RU]
2001 GU021, Global Underground: Moscow
2000 Renaissance Ibiza
2001 Yoshiesque, Vol. 2
2003 GU025, Global Underground: Toronto
2003 Global Underground: Toronto [Box Set]
2003 Global Underground: Toronto: Dubfire [Afterclub Mix]
2003 Global Underground: Toronto: Sharam [Afterclub Mix]
2003 Yoshiesque, Vol. 3

Singles
1996 "Stay Gold
1997 "Stranded"
1998 "Stranded (In Dub)"
1998 "The Future of the Future (Stay Gold)" [RU] (with Everything But The Girl)
1998 "The Future of the Future (Stay Gold)" [USA] (with Everything But The Girl)
1998 "The Future of the Future (Stay Gold)" [Australie] (with Everything But The Girl)
1999 "Mohammad Is Jesus…"
1999 "Summer Is Over"
2000 "Chocolate City"
2003 "Global Underground: Toronto [12" Single]
2004 "Flashdance (He's A Dream)"
2005 "Say Hello"
2006 "Dreams" ft. Stevie Nicks
2006 "Sharam - PATT (Party All The Time)"

Remixes
1993 Scottie Deep featuring Toni Williams "Soul Searchin'"
1993 Angela Marni "Slippin' & Slidin'"
1993 Brian Transeau "Relativity"