TRACKLISTINGS
HEY, WELCOME TO THE "TRACKLISTINGS" COMMUNITY !

For more than 4 years, we are the biggest database concerning EDM livesets, DJ-sets, podcasts & other mixes.
If you want access to and/or help expanding this database, please register. It's free and takes only 2 minutes.

Some basic rules:
- Use English only and be friendly to the other members.
- Post every set/mix in a new topic and at the correct subforum, as following: "YEAR.MONTH.DAY - ARTIST - NAME OF THE SET/MIX" (in upper case).
- You are allowed to promote anything related to EDM at the "Promoting Section", but spam will not be tolerated.
- You are allowed to post your own tracks, remixes, bootlegs and mixes at the "Your Own Productions" and "Member Mixes & Podcasts" sections.
- Posting downloadlinks of copyrighted material, such as songs, EP's, albums, ... is strictly forbidden !

If you have a question, do not hesitate to send a PM to the Greg (Admin) or the TL-admins.

Thanks, Greg (Admin).
TRACKLISTINGS
HEY, WELCOME TO THE "TRACKLISTINGS" COMMUNITY !

For more than 4 years, we are the biggest database concerning EDM livesets, DJ-sets, podcasts & other mixes.
If you want access to and/or help expanding this database, please register. It's free and takes only 2 minutes.

Some basic rules:
- Use English only and be friendly to the other members.
- Post every set/mix in a new topic and at the correct subforum, as following: "YEAR.MONTH.DAY - ARTIST - NAME OF THE SET/MIX" (in upper case).
- You are allowed to promote anything related to EDM at the "Promoting Section", but spam will not be tolerated.
- You are allowed to post your own tracks, remixes, bootlegs and mixes at the "Your Own Productions" and "Member Mixes & Podcasts" sections.
- Posting downloadlinks of copyrighted material, such as songs, EP's, albums, ... is strictly forbidden !

If you have a question, do not hesitate to send a PM to the Greg (Admin) or the TL-admins.

Thanks, Greg (Admin).
TRACKLISTINGS
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
TRACKLISTINGS

LIVESETS (ACID, DUBSTEP, EBM, ELECTRO, HOUSE, MINIMAL, TECHNO, TRANCE...) & TRACKLISTINGS

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Similar topics
TRACKLISTINGS
BIOGRAPHY & DISCOGRAPHY Tl1310
Index
#
A
B
C
D
E
F
G
H
I
J
K
L
M
N
O
P
RST
UVWYZ
Social Widget
Facebook Fan Page

Navigation
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Partners & Supporters

BIOGRAPHY & DISCOGRAPHY

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Greg (Admin)
Admin
Greg (Admin)

Number of posts : 27164
Registration date : 2008-06-21

BIOGRAPHY & DISCOGRAPHY Empty
PostSubject: BIOGRAPHY & DISCOGRAPHY   BIOGRAPHY & DISCOGRAPHY Icon_minitimeSat May 23, 2009 10:06 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Roger Sanchez, also known as Roger S. and The S Man, (born on June 1, 1967, in Queens, New York) is a popular Dominican-American progressive house DJ who has scored many hits in the European and World Charts.

Roger Sanchez is the eldest of two sons (his younger brother is named Gabriel) born to Angela Almonte and Hugo Rene Sanchez, immigrants from the Dominican Republic. Sanchez graduated from the High School of Art and Design in New York City. He attended Pratt Institute, working towards a degree in architecture, but took his father's advice to take a break from his studies to devote his full energy to DJing and see if he could make a career of it. Eventually he went on to play at the largest nightclubs in New York City, and later around the world. Along with fellow New York house DJs David Morales and Danny Tenaglia, Sanchez has become an icon of the European party scene, especially on the Spanish island of Ibiza, notoriously known worldwide for its hedonistic lifestyle and nightlife. He has maintained residency on Ibiza every summer since 2000.

In 1995, he released a production album on his own One Records label called '"Secret Weapons Volume 1. In 2001, he released his first production album on a major label, First Contact, from which the single Another Chance was taken. It went on to become a major hit, entering the UK Singles Chart at #1. The song was based on a sample of the first verse of Toto's song "I Won't Hold You Back".

Sanchez also hosts a terrestrial and online radio show called "Release Yourself," with 1,200,000 listeners worldwide. In 2006 a podcast was created as a spin-off from the radio show under the same moniker and went on to win the first ever Podcast Award at the International Dance Music Awards (IDMA). He has also released a series of compilation albums based called Release Yourself which are known for being very upfront musically.

In 2004, Sanchez won his first Grammy Award for Best Remixed Recording for his remix of No Doubt's "Hella Good."

In 2006, Sanchez released Come with Me—a well-received album with the singles "Turn on the Music," "Lost," and the double-sided "Not Enough"/"Again."

Besides his career as an international celebrity DJ, Sanchez is the owner of his own label, Stealth Records, and is about to make his film debut in an independent film that is scheduled to be released sometime in 2008.

In the DJ Magazine list of 2007, Sanchez placed 25th.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Albums & DJ Compilations
Mix MAG Live! vol. 16: Americana (by Roger S. & DJ Pierre)(1994)
Roger S. Presents (1995)
Roger S. Mega Mix (1995)
Hard Times—The Album (1995)
Secret Weapons Volume 1 (1995)
House Music Movement (1998)
United DJs of America, Vol. 8: New York City (DJs compilation) (1998)
S-Man Classics: The Essential Sanchez Mixes (1998)
Maximum House & Garage (1999)
Ministry of Sound, Vol. 11(DJs Compilation) (2000)
First Contact (2001)
Release Yourself (2002)
Release Yourself 2003 (2003)
Release Yourself vol. 3 (2004)
Release Yourself vol. 4 (2005)
Release Yourself vol. 5 (2006)
Release Yourself vol. 6 (2007)
Come With Me (2006)
Choice: A Collection Of Classics (2007)
Release Yourself vol. 7 (2008)
Release Yourself vol. 8 (2009)

Singles
"Illegal" EP (1994)
"Strictly 4 The Underground" (1995)
"Release Yo Self" (1996)
"Deep" (1997)
"Funky And Fresh" (1998) (feat. Gerald Elms Present The International Posse)
"I Want Your Love" (US edition) (1998)
"1999" (1999)
"I Want Your Love (remixes)" (1999 by Roger S. Present Twillight)
"I Never Knew" (2000 #24 in UK)
"Another Chance" (2001 #1 in UK)
"You Can't Change Me" (2001 #25 in UK) (feat. Armand van Helden & N'Dea Davenport)
"Nothing 2 Prove" (2002) (feat. Sharleen Spiteri)
"Turn On The Music" (2005)
"Lost" (2006)
"Not Enough" (2007)
"Again" (2007)
"Bang That Box!" (2008) (feat. Terri B!)

Selected Remixes
Alicia Keys - Butterflyz (2002)
Anastacia - Paid My Dues (2002)
Daft Punk - Revolution 909 (1998)
Definition of Sound - Pass the Vibes (1995)
Garbage - Cherry Lips (2001)
Jamiroquai - Deeper Underground (1998)
Jamiroquai - High Times (1997)
Janet Jackson - Love Will Never Do (Without You) (1996)
Kenny "Dope" González Presents Axxis - All I'm Askin' (1992)
Kylie Minogue - In Your Eyes (2002)
Madonna - Get Together (2006)
Michael Jackson - Dangerous (1997)
M People - Renaissance (1994)
No Doubt - Hella Good (2002)
Robyn - Be Mine! (2007)
Tom Tom Club - Sunshine & Ecstasy (1992)
Back to top Go down
https://tracklistings.forum.st

BIOGRAPHY & DISCOGRAPHY
Page 1 of 1