TRACKLISTINGS
HEY, WELCOME TO THE "TRACKLISTINGS" COMMUNITY !

For more than 4 years, we are the biggest database concerning EDM livesets, DJ-sets, podcasts & other mixes.
If you want access to and/or help expanding this database, please register. It's free and takes only 2 minutes.

Some basic rules:
- Use English only and be friendly to the other members.
- Post every set/mix in a new topic and at the correct subforum, as following: "YEAR.MONTH.DAY - ARTIST - NAME OF THE SET/MIX" (in upper case).
- You are allowed to promote anything related to EDM at the "Promoting Section", but spam will not be tolerated.
- You are allowed to post your own tracks, remixes, bootlegs and mixes at the "Your Own Productions" and "Member Mixes & Podcasts" sections.
- Posting downloadlinks of copyrighted material, such as songs, EP's, albums, ... is strictly forbidden !

If you have a question, do not hesitate to send a PM to the Greg (Admin) or the TL-admins.

Thanks, Greg (Admin).
TRACKLISTINGS
HEY, WELCOME TO THE "TRACKLISTINGS" COMMUNITY !

For more than 4 years, we are the biggest database concerning EDM livesets, DJ-sets, podcasts & other mixes.
If you want access to and/or help expanding this database, please register. It's free and takes only 2 minutes.

Some basic rules:
- Use English only and be friendly to the other members.
- Post every set/mix in a new topic and at the correct subforum, as following: "YEAR.MONTH.DAY - ARTIST - NAME OF THE SET/MIX" (in upper case).
- You are allowed to promote anything related to EDM at the "Promoting Section", but spam will not be tolerated.
- You are allowed to post your own tracks, remixes, bootlegs and mixes at the "Your Own Productions" and "Member Mixes & Podcasts" sections.
- Posting downloadlinks of copyrighted material, such as songs, EP's, albums, ... is strictly forbidden !

If you have a question, do not hesitate to send a PM to the Greg (Admin) or the TL-admins.

Thanks, Greg (Admin).
TRACKLISTINGS
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
TRACKLISTINGS

LIVESETS (ACID, DUBSTEP, EBM, ELECTRO, HOUSE, MINIMAL, TECHNO, TRANCE...) & TRACKLISTINGS

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Similar topics
TRACKLISTINGS
BIOGRAPHY & DISCOGRAPHY Tl1310
Index
#
A
B
C
D
E
F
G
H
I
J
K
L
M
N
O
P
RST
UVWYZ
Social Widget
Facebook Fan Page

Navigation
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Partners & Supporters

BIOGRAPHY & DISCOGRAPHY

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Greg (Admin)
Admin
Greg (Admin)

Number of posts : 27164
Registration date : 2008-06-21

BIOGRAPHY & DISCOGRAPHY Empty
PostSubject: BIOGRAPHY & DISCOGRAPHY   BIOGRAPHY & DISCOGRAPHY Icon_minitimeTue May 19, 2009 9:06 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Tiga (pronounced /ˈtiːɡə/) is the stage name of Montreal-born DJ/producer Tiga James Sontag (born 1974). His album Sexor won the 2007 Juno Award for Dance Recording of the Year.

He graduated from Selwyn House School, a prestigious school in Westmount. Before producing music, he was involved in the promotion of rave parties in his native city during the early 1990s, also Tiga was involved in the creation of world renowned afterhours club SONA. In 1994, he opened a record store named DNA Records, and in 1998 founded his own label, Turbo Recordings.

Tiga is widely known for his remixes: Tomas Andersson's "Washing Up", Scissor Sisters' "Comfortably Numb" and Felix da Housecat's "Madame Hollywood" but also for his covers of Nelly's "Hot in Herre" and Corey Hart's "Sunglasses at Night". He produces his own material, but has also worked with Zyntherius, Richard X and Jake Shears from Scissor Sisters. He has frequently collaborated with Mateo Murphy (with whom Tiga forms the duo TGV) and Jesper Dahlbäck, who had produced many of Tiga's newer remixes. Tiga is also good friends with Stephen and David Dewaele from Soulwax, who produced about half of the tracks on Tiga's debut album Sexor. His song "3 Weeks" has received repeated airplay in night clubs. Soulwax are currently producing Tiga's second album. His song "You Gonna Want Me" is featured on CTV's So You Think You Can Dance Canada commercial.

As of late 2008, Tiga has continued to produce music in collaboration with Zombie Nation under the pseudonym ZZT; Two 12" releases have resulted from the collaboration.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Albums
Sexor (2006)
Ciao! (2009)

DJ Mix Compilation
Montreal Mix Sessions Vol. 1 (1998)
Mixed Emotions: Montreal Mix Sessions Vol. 5 (2000)
American Gigolo (2002)
DJ-Kicks: Tiga (2002)
INTHEMIX.05 (2005)

Singles
"Sunglasses at Night" (2001), with Jori Hulkkonen, as Tiga & Zyntherius (UK #25)
"TGV EP" (2002), as TGV, with Mateo Murphy
"DJ-Kicks Promo" (2002), with Mateo Murphy
"Running out of Time EP" (2003), as TGV, with Mateo Murphy
"Hot in Herre" (2003), with Mateo Murphy and Jake Shears, (UK #46)
"Burning Down" (2003), with Richard X
"Pleasure from the Bass" (2004), with Jesper Dahlbäck, (UK #57)
"Louder than a Bomb" (2005), with Jesper Dahlbäck
"You Gonna Want Me" (2005), with Soulwax and Jake Shears, (UK #64, AUS #65)
"Good as Gold" (2005), with Soulwax
"Far From Home" (2006), (UK #65, AUS #69)
"3 Weeks" (2006), with remixes by Jesper Dahlbäck, Booka Shade and Troy Pierce
"Move My Body" (2006) including the original Only4Erol mix and a Boys Noize remix.
"Lower state of consciousness" (2007) as ZZT with Zombie Nation, including Justice remix.
"Mind Dimension" (2008) (featuring special guest Jori Hulkkonen)
"The Worm" (2008), as ZZT with Zombie Nation
"Shoes" (2009) (featuring special guests Soulwax & Gonzales)

Remixes
Bran Van 3000 - Drinking in L.A. (Tiga, Mateo and Delage's Sinking In LA Dub)
Märtini Brös. - Flash (Tiga's Acid Flashback mix)
Komma 8 Komma 1 - Popmusic (TGV Vocal mix)
The Devils - Come Alive (Tiga Swears Lies Remix)
LCD Soundsystem - Beat Connection (Tiga Edit)
FC Kahuna - Machine Says Yes (Tiga's Unreleased Mix)
Felix Da Housecat - Madame Hollywood (Tiga's Mister Hollywood Version)
FPU - Ocean Drive (Tiga's White Linen Vox)
Cabaret Voltaire - Nag Nag Nag (Tiga & Zyntherius Radio mix)
Alpinestars - Snow Patrol (Tiga TGV Disco Patrol dub)
Dannii Minogue - Put The Needle On It (Tiga's Cookies Dub Edit)
Linda Lamb - Hot Room (Tiga remix)
FPU - Race Car (TGV Join The Race Remix) / (TGV Dub)
Alex Kid - Come With Me (Tiga vs Etoy Acideathravefuckinglive mix)
Scissor Sisters - Comfortably Numb (Tiga remix) / (Tiga Dub)
Märtini Brös. - Flash (Tiga's Unholy Trinity Mix)
Télépopmusik - Breathe (TGV remix)
The Neon Judgement - TV Treated (Tiga's Recovered Vox) / (Tiga's Dub for Ivan)
Crossover - Phostographt (Tiga's Revenge)
Märtini Brös. - Big and Dirty (Tiga remix)
Peaches - Shake Yer Dix (Tiga's Where Were You in '92 Remix) / (Tiga's Where Were You in '92 Instrumental mix)
Seelenluft - I Can See Clearly Now (Tiga remix)
Drama Society feat. Turner - Crying Hero (Tiga remix)
Junior Jack feat. Robert Smith - Da Hype (Tiga remix)
Drinking Electricity - Breakout (Tiga edit)
La Oreja de Van Gogh - Bonustrack (Tiga's Vocal Mix)
Soulwax - E Talking (Tiga's Disco Drama remix)
Tomas Andersson - Washing Up (Tiga's Na Na Na Na Na Remix)
Zdar - Don't U Want (Tiga remix)
LCD Soundsystem - Tribulations (Tiga's Out Of The Trance Closet mix)
The Kills - The Good Ones (Tiga remix)
Mylo - Muscle Car (Tiga remix)
Depeche Mode - Shake The Disease (Tiga remix)
Moby - Where You End (Tiga's All That I Need Is To Be Sampled mix) / (Tiga's All That I Need Is To Be Dubbed mix)
Depeche Mode - Suffer Well (Tiga Remix)
Pet Shop Boys - Minimal (Tiga's M-I-N-I-M-A-L Remix) / (Tiga's M-I-N-I-M-A-L Dub)
Coldcut ft. Robert Owens - Walk A Mile In My Shoes (Tiga Mix)
The Killers - Bones (Tiga Mix)
Alter Ego - Gary (Tiga's Italia 90 Mix)
Back to top Go down
https://tracklistings.forum.st

BIOGRAPHY & DISCOGRAPHY
Page 1 of 1