TRACKLISTINGS
HEY, WELCOME TO THE "TRACKLISTINGS" COMMUNITY !

For more than 4 years, we are the biggest database concerning EDM livesets, DJ-sets, podcasts & other mixes.
If you want access to and/or help expanding this database, please register. It's free and takes only 2 minutes.

Some basic rules:
- Use English only and be friendly to the other members.
- Post every set/mix in a new topic and at the correct subforum, as following: "YEAR.MONTH.DAY - ARTIST - NAME OF THE SET/MIX" (in upper case).
- You are allowed to promote anything related to EDM at the "Promoting Section", but spam will not be tolerated.
- You are allowed to post your own tracks, remixes, bootlegs and mixes at the "Your Own Productions" and "Member Mixes & Podcasts" sections.
- Posting downloadlinks of copyrighted material, such as songs, EP's, albums, ... is strictly forbidden !

If you have a question, do not hesitate to send a PM to the Greg (Admin) or the TL-admins.

Thanks, Greg (Admin).
TRACKLISTINGS
HEY, WELCOME TO THE "TRACKLISTINGS" COMMUNITY !

For more than 4 years, we are the biggest database concerning EDM livesets, DJ-sets, podcasts & other mixes.
If you want access to and/or help expanding this database, please register. It's free and takes only 2 minutes.

Some basic rules:
- Use English only and be friendly to the other members.
- Post every set/mix in a new topic and at the correct subforum, as following: "YEAR.MONTH.DAY - ARTIST - NAME OF THE SET/MIX" (in upper case).
- You are allowed to promote anything related to EDM at the "Promoting Section", but spam will not be tolerated.
- You are allowed to post your own tracks, remixes, bootlegs and mixes at the "Your Own Productions" and "Member Mixes & Podcasts" sections.
- Posting downloadlinks of copyrighted material, such as songs, EP's, albums, ... is strictly forbidden !

If you have a question, do not hesitate to send a PM to the Greg (Admin) or the TL-admins.

Thanks, Greg (Admin).
TRACKLISTINGS
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
TRACKLISTINGS

LIVESETS (ACID, DUBSTEP, EBM, ELECTRO, HOUSE, MINIMAL, TECHNO, TRANCE...) & TRACKLISTINGS

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Similar topics
TRACKLISTINGS
BIOGRAPHY & DISCOGRAPHY Tl1310
Index
#
A
B
C
D
E
F
G
H
I
J
K
L
M
N
O
P
RST
UVWYZ
Social Widget
Facebook Fan Page

Navigation
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Partners & Supporters

BIOGRAPHY & DISCOGRAPHY

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Antoine Lucas
Antoine Lucas

Number of posts : 859
Registration date : 2008-09-04

BIOGRAPHY & DISCOGRAPHY Empty
PostSubject: BIOGRAPHY & DISCOGRAPHY   BIOGRAPHY & DISCOGRAPHY Icon_minitimeWed Nov 26, 2008 7:34 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

David Guetta (born November 7, 1967 in Paris) is a French DJ. He began mixing his first vinyls at home at the age of 13, and organised parties in his basement at 15.[1] Two years later, he was working at a DJ in a club called 'Broad', based in in Paris. This was effectively where he launched his career. From 1988 to 1990, he mixed house music at Radio Nova. In 2005, his single "The World Is Mine", which contains a sample of Simple Minds "Someone Somewhere In Summertime", topped European dance charts. The vocals for most of his singles are performed by singer Chris Willis, except on "Baby When The Light" where they were done by Cozi Costi.

He is also known for his appearance in an advertisement for L'Oréal hair cream.
On July 14th 2007, on a flight from Paris to Ibiza, he became the first DJ to perform a live set on a commercial airplane.[2]
In 2008, he was elected as World DJ Nr. 5 by the British DJ Mag.[3]

He has also been playing in many countries around the world to promote his 2007 album "Pop Life". He played in Mauritius on the 12th of January 2008 accompanied by French rapper JoeyStarr of the French rap group NTM. In the same year, he and his wife Cathy also planned a new event which took place in the Stade de France on July 5, 2008. He performed with Tiesto, Carl Cox, Joachim Garraud and Martin Solveig in front of 40,000 spectators. [1] The Sensation White, where Guetta performed several times, seems to be the inspiration.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Il débute à l'âge de 17 ans, en tournant ses platines dans des boîtes locales comme la Factory ou des bars comme le Troll. Il monte rapidement à Paris et commence par mixer au Broad, une boîte gay très en vogue à l'époque. Il sympathise avec Kien qui lui aussi travaille au Broad et a repéré ses mixes lors des premières soirées Acid-house. Le Broad devenant trop petit face au succès de ces soirées,[réf. nécessaire] Kien lance, la saison d'après, les soirées hebdomadaires Unity au Rex-Club avec David Guetta aux platines.
À l'époque, David Guetta est le seul DJ avec Laurent Garnier à acheter ses disques à Londres.[réf. nécessaire] David Guetta et Kien lancent ensuite des soirées Princess of the World au Central (l'ancien Queen) et les soirées Wunderland au Boy, rue Caumartin.

La saison d'après, Kien et David Guetta prennent ensuite la direction artistique du Folies Pigalles. La presse commence à s'interresser au buzz créé dans ce cabaret de Pigalle transformé en dance-floor House où le tout Paris se rend. Deux ans après, c'est donc tout naturellement que Philippe Fatien fait appel à eux pour la direction artistique pour l'ouverture du Queen - premier grand club gay - sur les Champs-Élysées.

En 1994, Cathy Guetta (travaillant aux Bains Douches à l'époque) et Franck Maillot (serveur du Bal à Saint-Tropez) rejoignent l'équipe pour les soirées du Bataclan en transformant tous les week-ends cette salle de concert mythique en discothèque.

Le Bataclan servira de tremplin à Cathy et David Guetta pour reprendre le Palace, à l'époque mal en point. Il prendra ensuite la direction artistique d'établissements prestigieux comme Les Bains Douches. En 1996, il commence à organiser des soirées à Ibiza. En 2002, il monte sa propre soirée F*** Me I'm Famous avec sa femme Cathy Guetta et commence à parcourir le monde, profitant de la notoriété acquise grâce à son premier album.

En 2005 il entre pour la première fois dans le classement international des DJs du magazine anglais DJ MAG. Il est en outre depuis deux ans le français le mieux classé. Il mixe également pour la première fois à la fameuse Sensation White à Amsterdam au Pays-Bas qui réunit plus de 45 000 personnes. Il crée dans la foulée les soirées "Rumble BDE" et mixe avant les matchs du Stade Rochellais.

Le 17 novembre 2005, lors des House Music Awards qui ont lieu à Londres, il remporte les prix du Meilleur DJ de l'Année, et du Meilleur DJ Set de l'Année pour son mix au KissDaFunk.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Albums
2002. Just a Little More Love
2004. Guetta Blaster
2007. Pop Life
2009. ...

Compilations
2003 : F*** Me I'm Famous
2004 : Sound of Ibiza pour Mixmag
2005 : F*** Me I'm Famous vol. 2
2006 : F*** Me I'm Famous vol. 3
2008 : F*** Me I'm Famous vol. 4

Singles
2001. Just a Little More Love
2002. Love Don't let Me Go
2002. People Come People Go
2003. Give me Something
2003. Just for One Day
2004. Money
2004. Stay
2004. The World is Mine
2006. Love Don"t Walking Away
2007. Love is Gone
2007. Baby When the Light
2008. Tomorow Can Wait
2008. Everytime We Touch
2009. Where is the Love ?

Remixes
David Bowie - Just For One Day (Heroes)
OMD - Enola Gay
Geyster - Bye bye Superman
Juliet Richardson - Avalon
Moby - Beautiful
Shiny Grey - U Made A Promise
Deep Dish - Flashdance
Eurythmics - I'Ve Got A Life (Dub + Original)
Jean Fransisco - Infatuation
Culture Club - Miss Me Blind
Robbie Rivera - Some Kind Of Heaven
Africanism All Stars - Summer Moon
Benny Benassi - Who's Your Daddy
Joachim Garraud - Rock The Choice
Bob Sinclar - World, Hold On (Children Of The Sky)
Kylie Minogue - Wow, (David Guetta & Joachim Garraud)

Back to top Go down

BIOGRAPHY & DISCOGRAPHY
Page 1 of 1