TRACKLISTINGS
HEY, WELCOME TO THE "TRACKLISTINGS" COMMUNITY !

For more than 4 years, we are the biggest database concerning EDM livesets, DJ-sets, podcasts & other mixes.
If you want access to and/or help expanding this database, please register. It's free and takes only 2 minutes.

Some basic rules:
- Use English only and be friendly to the other members.
- Post every set/mix in a new topic and at the correct subforum, as following: "YEAR.MONTH.DAY - ARTIST - NAME OF THE SET/MIX" (in upper case).
- You are allowed to promote anything related to EDM at the "Promoting Section", but spam will not be tolerated.
- You are allowed to post your own tracks, remixes, bootlegs and mixes at the "Your Own Productions" and "Member Mixes & Podcasts" sections.
- Posting downloadlinks of copyrighted material, such as songs, EP's, albums, ... is strictly forbidden !

If you have a question, do not hesitate to send a PM to the Greg (Admin) or the TL-admins.

Thanks, Greg (Admin).
TRACKLISTINGS
HEY, WELCOME TO THE "TRACKLISTINGS" COMMUNITY !

For more than 4 years, we are the biggest database concerning EDM livesets, DJ-sets, podcasts & other mixes.
If you want access to and/or help expanding this database, please register. It's free and takes only 2 minutes.

Some basic rules:
- Use English only and be friendly to the other members.
- Post every set/mix in a new topic and at the correct subforum, as following: "YEAR.MONTH.DAY - ARTIST - NAME OF THE SET/MIX" (in upper case).
- You are allowed to promote anything related to EDM at the "Promoting Section", but spam will not be tolerated.
- You are allowed to post your own tracks, remixes, bootlegs and mixes at the "Your Own Productions" and "Member Mixes & Podcasts" sections.
- Posting downloadlinks of copyrighted material, such as songs, EP's, albums, ... is strictly forbidden !

If you have a question, do not hesitate to send a PM to the Greg (Admin) or the TL-admins.

Thanks, Greg (Admin).
TRACKLISTINGS
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
TRACKLISTINGS

LIVESETS (ACID, DUBSTEP, EBM, ELECTRO, HOUSE, MINIMAL, TECHNO, TRANCE...) & TRACKLISTINGS

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Similar topics
TRACKLISTINGS
INTERVIEW WITH CRISTIAN POOW + EXCLUSIVE SET  Tl1310
Index
#
A
B
C
D
E
F
G
H
I
J
K
L
M
N
O
P
RST
UVWYZ
Social Widget
Facebook Fan Page

Navigation
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Partners & Supporters

INTERVIEW WITH CRISTIAN POOW + EXCLUSIVE SET

Go down 
AuthorMessage
DbeatzionRecords
Rookie
DbeatzionRecords

Number of posts : 42
Registration date : 2010-04-29

INTERVIEW WITH CRISTIAN POOW + EXCLUSIVE SET  Empty
PostSubject: INTERVIEW WITH CRISTIAN POOW + EXCLUSIVE SET    INTERVIEW WITH CRISTIAN POOW + EXCLUSIVE SET  Icon_minitimeTue Jan 04, 2011 1:47 pm

Quoted from [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

INTERVIEW WITH CRISTIAN POOW + EXCLUSIVE SET  64383b2146d7d569ab1aafda0e00a574

Here we are, back with another interview to all of you. This time we have a great and upcoming DJ, label owner & producer from Argentina, we know if you already listened to our latest promotional sets, then you know who Cristian Poow is. To all of you reading this, in the end of this interview you will find a smokin' hot 1 hour set from the master himself, including a lot from Cristian's productions and also from his very own label, Dbeatzion Records. With great powerful and melodic progressive releases, this is a coming man in the electronic dance music scene. Just keep in touch with our site and there will be more big news about him arriving. But for now, let’s get to know him a little better. Enjoy this interview.

C: I say hello to every one who is reading, and special thanks for your introduction. Glad to get something like that.

Ok Cristian, now you’re in the hot seat of PHWW. First of all, thanks for taking your time doing this. We think it’s a great pleasure having you with us. Could you start telling us about you? How did you end up in the music business?

C: A long and rare story. I’m from Buenos Aires, Argentina. Always living here. In my family we are all music lovers, I remember as it were today, my first vinyls of Pink Floyd, Queen, Giorgio Moroder, at my 3. What a coincidence! Three bands related to electronic music (apologies for people who thinks Pink Floyd is just a kind of “psy rock”, haha). Well it was like a way forward, I mean it is psychological, always listening something related to electronic music, never musical groups which ones record an album with plugged strings and then “let’s start the tour”. But however, I like Elvis and Barry White too! Hope you may understand my viewpoint. This is like my country – i.e. an Architect who is a taxi driver - I ended up doing what was not on my mind, because I was designer, programmer, sportsman; but well all has gone. I started recording special versions for many clubs, events (a kind of Razormaid). Then the first steps DJing, and after feeling these tastes with music, I took everything by the horns and started playing a piano and composing music, even not only for me. That’s all I guess, in a little resume. The next time we talk about my childhood!

For a while you have been running the label called Dbeatzion Records, how did that happen and why did you decide to open up a brand new label? Is there any specific reason?

C: Yes, definitely. Nowadays, you can see how many digital labels there are around the globe. Even the best artists carrying out his own way. I decided to do the same, and also manage a group of friends and producers, always trying to drop out our best songs. But after a year, the label grew up and now for 2011 there is too much work to do, and new partners joining us everyday.

You have had your fingers in a lot of releases lately, your own originals but also a lot on the remix duty. What do you prefer, being on your own with productions or giving your ideas to others by setting your own style and thoughts on their productions?

C: I prefer everything to end up sounding nice. Being an own song or a remix. There are differences; because composing your own song then you must to create all on your own. While a remix, the most important sounds and the key from the original is your starting point. But I must recognize sometimes I feel better remixing, and people can catch it listening yo my versions that are always too different from the originals. I do not like to make the same shit. I mean: no rush. As you saw in 2010 due to the quantity of requests I received, I have put my brain cells right there, remixing. But anyway, about 30 brand new songs inside my hard drive, awaiting the final touch. Where will the exclusive be? At PHWW, for sure.

What is your inspiration when you compose your music? Is there any producers that’s given you influences to be the producer you are today?

C: Everybody may know my main influences: Jean Michel Jarre, Eric Prydz and Michael Cretu. Each one represents something special in my life. By the way, R.I.P. my cat “Eric”. I am not saying I rob to them, not at all. I just want to be like in their pants once I start a new song, and have that incomparable craziness to create music. Another top influence? Power Metal. I do not need to explain why, do I?

I also know that you DJ a lot, could you tell us something about it? What do you prefer, running the label, produce your music or play at gigs and get the response from there? Is it possible to choose something ahead of other things?

C: Let’s define all in one: a career. You must make your music, then show it to the people, get the feedback, and all that. I love to do everything. It is isual while I am composing, as well as I am building a picture of the people reacting. You could grab my music and say “Well, I already know what he is going to play...”. Wrong, buddy. My gigs are not like a radio playing my songs. This year I almost didn’t play my songs at all. One of the best things I learnt DJing is “to read people” in the club, and know what are they wishing. Some people might like how do you play but not your music Wink So, we have two ways! Any doubt? Watch my videos.

What equipment do you work with? Do you use hardware and software? Any favourite Vsti’s that you can tell us about?

C: Hardware? Mmm, only if I do not have a computer closer to me. Or just for playing some chords and try different sounds, but after is everything by software. I still use Ableton Live 7 (I dislike the new versiona bit). Main Plug-ins: ReFX Vanguard, Sylenth1, Native Instruments Pro-53, Roland Juno-60 VSTi. Others depending on the sound I am looking for. And for the best tricks in music production, Ableton Instruments and Effects are the key. No more.

A lot of the music today is not sold, it’s spread through Internet and musicians hardly make any money at all on their productions. What are your thoughts about the sharing through blogspots, forums and all other ways for illegal sharing of music?

C: Look, if we talk about a guy starting a career, could you say sharing music is not a good way? Even if he is already in social networks like Myspace, Soundcloud. The guy will need to step up, to be known! One of the features or tools Internet has today for us. Once the guy come inside the business, well, we all have different opinions. We work hard, we want to earn money, is real. By the way, and when we were sharing recorded casettes or CDs of our favourite bands in the 80s, 90s? Internet was not the guilty! So, as Black Eyed Peas says “No no no no don’t lie”. Sharing music has existed always! Now is massive, ok. The artist works into his own marketing and the way to earn money. But however, please let’s think like musicians, not like enterprise executives. Thanks to people we are who we are. We could talk about big labels and business all the day. But this is my humble viewpoint.

Now a little about the future. If we start of with a short term perspective, what can we expect from Cristian Poow in the coming months? Releases, gigs and remixes?

C: All that and perhaps something else. We expect the music evolution. Not to be outdone. I want to release an album, I am working in duets, some eighties stuff and keeping an eye on new artists to work with. About gigs, trying to surprise each night with new “oddities”, as always.

If we go further, were do you see yourself in, let’s say, in 5 years? What is the aim with all the hard work you put in?

C: The goal is clear: not to be “one more”. Be a music lover who brings happiness to the dancefloor. And specially, I wish to see myself in peace!

Any final words to all your fans reading this here at PHWW?

C: Firstly, thanks for the support everyday. As I said above, people make us to be who we are! They give us pride, passion and desire to continue. That is what I am going to do. Keep noticed.

From us, a really big thank you for taking your time to do this interview, we really appreciate it. Hope to speak soon and hear more from you in the future.

C: This was nice mate. Good to see and know we all are not equals. Each one has his life, his style and way to work. PHWW is the door! Hope to meet you up again in the future.

All the best!

PHWW

+1 HOUR EXCLUSIVE SET
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Tracklist / 192 Kbps / 70.13

01. James Woods - ID [Dbeatzion Records]
02. Saeed Younan - Call You vs. Shake It (Cristian Poow Bootleg) [CD-R]
03. Falko Niestolik & Manuel Baccano - Tinanna (Cristian Poow Remix) [Dbeatzion Records]
04. Mistral M - Surf With Me (Cristian Poow Remix) [Dbeatzion Records]
05. Enzo Il Poeta - Salvador (Felix Navarro Remix) [Bikini Records/Dbeatzion Records]
06. B.O.N.G. - Over Box (Incognet Remix) [Dbeatzion Records]
07. Cristian Poow - Neon (2010 Version) [Dbeatzion Records/Bikini Records]
08. Chriss V - Vibes (Cristian Poow Remix) [Big Room Records]
09. The Henchmen & David Puentez ft. Linda Newman - Heart Beat (Original Mix) [Suka Records]
10. Manuel Baccano - Make Your Move (Cristian Poow Remix) [Bikini Records]
11. Falko Niestolik & BK Duke ft. Nina Hall - Explore (Pierce Fulton Festival Mix) [120 DB Records]
12. Manteeno & Backlash! - Pam Pam (Cristian Poow Remix) [HelloRec]
13. My Digital Enemy & Mary Pearce - Release My Soul (Olav Basoski Remix) [Spinnin' Records]
Back to top Go down
http://www.dbeatzionrecords.com

INTERVIEW WITH CRISTIAN POOW + EXCLUSIVE SET
Page 1 of 1